These are common questions asked during our initial conversations. To make it easy and to be as transparent as possible, we are presenting these questions and answers here. If you need any further information, please contact us.
What is Greenlane’s unique selling proposition?
- Greenlane is known for our expertise in ecommerce, with our team having worked with more than 100 well-known retailers. (A Google search for Greenlane and ecommerce will give you an idea of our reputation and philosophies.) Greenlane was born from a large top-ten digital marketing agency that focused on ecommerce and enterprise websites. While we grew dissatisfied with certain aspects, we loved the ability to work with big data and drive big results through strategy. We loved understanding the customer journey and developing campaigns that plug into the consumer funnel.However, while Greenlane started in ecommerce, through nearly a decade of business we are just as versed in B2B and arbitrage models. While the customer is different (than B2C), so are the sales funnels. Once again, our expertise with data-first campaigns allows us to excel in supporting business services and publishers.
- Greenlane is known for complex problem solving. When companies have search issues that they can’t solve, they are often referred to us. From Petco to Yellow Pages to QVC to the American Medical Association, we have helped some of the biggest brands with issues that others were failing to solve. We are extremely proud of that reputation.
- Greenlane is known for its technical expertise. We draw from experience working on many of the internet’s most complex websites. From optimizing sites with unique frameworks to crawl optimization, our help will allow you to get ahead of your competitors on the technical SEO front. In addition to technical SEO, we also are known for creating web solutions not normally seen in search marketing agencies. From voice search skills and actions, to backend tools, to Chrome extensions, we have the ability to create what brands need to move the needle. Even our unique free tools have become pretty well known to the search industry.
- Greenlane is known for its hands-on strategic consulting. Our team develops custom strategies for every client in an agile framework. While some agencies focus on scaling profits with silos and long, rehashed roadmaps, we focus on giving each unique brand the prescriptions they need. This is part of our boutique agency nature, and is a breath of fresh air to all our clients who were looking for a different type of vendor relationship. All agencies say they strive to be an embedded member of your team. We, however, prove it every single day.
How do you structure your pricing?
Greenlane also has paid media management which is priced as a percent of spend. This is for Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and so on. This is a common pricing method in the industry.
How often will we talk? And in what manner?
With that said, we prefer more communication over less. We work collaboratively with our clients.
We can communicate by phone calls, email, Slack, project management platforms, in-person, etc. Whatever works for you can work for us.
Does Greenlane provide reporting?
Absolutely! Every retainer gets reporting by default. Our reporting is through Google Data Studio. You have access to view these reports at all times. These reports are dynamic, taking advantage of APIs and other data gathering protocols. We prefer spending time analyzing, not pulling data.
We report on your KPIs. Our default reports will have all the items you’d expect (rankings, page traffic, funnels, etc.), but we want to include the metrics that you really care about. We target your business goals.
If you’d like to learn about our reporting approach, we have a blog post for that!
How do you determine your pricing?
We do not size up prospects and determine different pricing. Instead, we are transparent so you can plan your budget. In digital marketing, you get back what you put in. By being transparent, we hope you can set your budget accordingly.
If you’ve been researching, you’ll find there are cheaper digital marketing services. We are an industry where you get what you pay for, to which there are many charlatans. We’d be happy to discuss in more detail if you are trying to understand the wide spectrum of pricing in the industry. If we are not the agency you choose, it’s still important that you work with a reputable firm.
To see our pricing, please visit https://www.greenlanemarketing.com/pricing/.
What are your contract terms?
If all parties wish to continue, we request rolling six (6) month terms.
Our contracts are very simple. We want to create great partnerships, so we’re very transparent about the way we work.
Does Greenlane use contractors?
Sometimes contractors can provide a cost-benefit to you. In these cases, our clients are fully aware of the role of a consultant. We believe in 100% transparency. Any consultants in our camp are high-quality, local contractors that have proven to be very talented.
What is Greenlane’s approach to working with clients?
|Trusted||Empowering||Down to earth|
We believe these are the same characteristics you would want from your own employees. At Greenlane, we are built to be an extension of your team. We want to be at the table with all the players in your organization who can impact digital marketing success. To be successful, we are extremely collaborative.
We don’t just make recommendations. We also execute and monitor for needed changes. This goes for every campaign we work on together. “Rinse, wash, repeat” is only valuable if you are not repeating the wrong steps. It’s our job to make sure everything is actionable, driven by data, and in full collaboration with your company.
Who would be working on my account?
Each AM is supported by a “Number Two” – this second team member is on your account to directly support the AM with new ideas. Generally, both these team members will be part of your routine communication.
In addition, other employees are brought in and out of your account by the AMs. They are called in based on your current campaign and their ability to enhance the results.
By way of examples, perhaps we learn there are issues with conversion rates. Your AMs would then bring in Krista and her conversion rate optimization team. If we discover there are crawlability issues, Sean will be brought in as an additional team member until the problems are solved.
It’s likely you’ll work with many people in our company. Perhaps even the owners. We are all part of one big team.
What type of clients do you work with?
- Can we help the client achieve their goals?
- Are they good people that we want to work with?
We typically manage around 30 clients at a time, some as retainers and some as one-off projects. These clients range from local services to billion-dollar companies. B2B and B2C are no problem. While we are widely known for our ecommerce work, retailers make up less than half our clients.
We have NDAs that prohibit us from disclosing some clients, but here are some brands we have helped.
How many employees does Greenlane have?
Several of our team have come from the big agency world. We do not want to repeat that model. While it might seem impressive to have a high headcount, the downside of larger agencies is specialization and silos. We consider ourselves a better alternative.