How is Greenlane different than other search marketing agencies?
- Greenlane is known for its expertise in thought leadership in SEO and PPC, with our team having worked with more than 100 famous brands. This experience is extremely rare. Each team member brings unique talents, and we make sure our clients benefit from our full team.
- Greenlane is known for complex problem-solving. When companies have search issues that they can’t solve, they are often referred to us. From Petco to Lincoln Financial to QVC to the American Medical Association, Greenlane has helped some of the biggest brands with issues that others were failing to solve. We are extremely proud of that reputation.
- Greenlane is internationally known for its technical expertise. We draw from experience working on many of the internet’s most complex websites. From optimizing sites with unique frameworks to crawl optimization, our services will allow you to get ahead of your competitors on the technical SEO front. In addition to technical SEO, we also are known for creating web solutions not normally seen in search marketing agencies. For example, we can build voice search skills and actions, backend tools, Chrome extensions, and so on. We have the ability to create what brands need to move the needle. Even our unique free tools have become pretty well known to the search industry.
- Greenlane is known for its hands-on strategic consulting. Our team develops custom strategies for every client in an agile framework. While some agencies focus on scaling profits with silos and long, rehashed roadmaps, Greenlane will focus on giving each unique brand the custom prescriptions they need. We believe this is the only way to succeed in search marketing.
How do you structure your pricing?
Greenlane has consulting services which are priced by the hour. PPC management is priced as a percentage of spend. This is a common pricing method in the industry. Greenlane has competitive pricing against the agencies in our class.
How often will we talk? And in what manner?
We have clients that like to talk once a week, and some that are happy with a monthly conversation. We are extremely flexible.
With that said, we prefer more communication over less. We work collaboratively with our clients. We can communicate by phone calls, email, Slack, project management platforms, in-person, etc.
Does Greenlane provide reporting?
Absolutely! Every retainer gets reporting by default. Our reporting is through Google Data Studio. You have access to view these reports at all times. These reports are dynamic, taking advantage of APIs and other data gathering protocols. We prefer spending time analyzing, not pulling data.
We report on your KPIs. Our default reports will have all the items you’d expect (rankings, page traffic, funnels, etc.), but we want to include the metrics that you really care about. We target your business goals.
If you’d like to learn about our reporting approach, we have a blog post for that!
What are your contract terms?
If all parties wish to continue, we request rolling six (6) month terms.
Our contracts are very simple. We want to create great partnerships, so we’re very transparent about the way we work.
What is Greenlane’s approach to working with clients?
|Trusted||Empowering||Down to earth|
We believe these are the same characteristics you would want from your own employees. At Greenlane, we are built to be an extension of your team. We want to be at the table with all the players in your organization who can impact digital marketing success. To be successful, we are extremely collaborative.
We don’t just make recommendations. We also execute and monitor for needed changes. This goes for every campaign we work on together. “Rinse, wash, repeat” is only valuable if you are not repeating the wrong steps. It’s our job to make sure everything is actionable, driven by data, and in full collaboration with your company.
Who would be working on my account?
Each AM is supported by a “Number Two” – this second team member is on your account to directly support the AM with new ideas. Generally, both these team members will be part of your routine communication.
In addition, other employees are brought in and out of your account by the AMs. They are called in based on your current campaign and their ability to enhance the results.
By way of examples, perhaps we learn there are issues with conversion rates. Your AMs would then bring in Krista and her conversion rate optimization team. If we discover there are crawlability issues, Sean will be brought in as an additional team member until the problems are solved.
It’s likely you’ll work with many people in our company. Perhaps even the owners. We are all part of one big team.
What type of clients do you work with?
- Can we help the client achieve their goals?
- Are they good people that we want to work with?
We typically manage around 30 clients at a time, some as retainers and some as one-off projects. These clients range from local services to billion-dollar companies. B2B and B2C are no problem. While we are widely known for our ecommerce work, retailers make up less than half our clients.
We have NDAs that prohibit us from disclosing some clients, but here are some brands we have helped.
How many employees does Greenlane have?
Several of our team have come from the big agency world. We do not want to repeat that model. While it might seem impressive to have a high headcount, the downside of larger agencies is specialization and silos. We consider ourselves a better alternative.