Reading Time: 2 minutes
Sometimes there is gold in places most marketers don’t look. Well-optimized product titles and descriptions boost Surfaces Across Google product listing performance, thus turning free clicks into additional leads and revenue for an online Amish furniture store.
An Amish furniture eCommerce store needed to increase its reach and visibility, but a limited budget and growing competition within the furniture space make it difficult to do so efficiently.
Increase our reach, grow on-site customer service chats, and drive transactions while staying within budget.
To start, the Greenlane team used negative keywords within our Shopping campaigns to help us match to longer-tail, more qualified keywords rather than broad furniture terms. This led to more meaningful spending and kept us out of competition with most big brands. For example, “office desk” returns a $169 desk at WayFair while “solid wood office desk” returns a $1,856 cherry wood desk.
Using this tactic allowed us to cut out the discount shoppers before they saw our ad, thus saving our client lots of money on irrelevant traffic.
We then made some quick optimizations to our client’s shopping feed titles. We targeted beds, desks, and dining tables. These optimizations included:
- Focusing on important keywords and quality qualifiers at the beginning of each title.
- Pulling product descriptions from product pages to give users more information and optimize for keywords we could not fit in the title.
- Adding in dimensions on products that did not vary in size.
- Tacking branded product names onto the end of the title. This ensured the important keywords in the titles were visible in our product listings and not lost to truncation.
Product title on the website vs. optimized title applied via the Supplemental Feed in Merchant Center
In this instance, the team’s paid search strategy trickled down to improve organic results once Google started picking up our client’s Shopping Feed for free listings on Surfaces Across Google. We added SEO to what most only see as a paid channel.
The optimizations provided the following improvements in a little over two months:
- 40% increase in users
- 40% increase in new users
- 161% increase in total conversions
- 74% increase in conversion rate
- 112% increase in on-site chats
- 7 transactions valued at approximately $20K compared to zero in the period before
Not only did the optimizations attract new leads, but they attracted quality leads who were interacting with customer service and purchasing the client’s products. Our goal was hit without a change in cost for the client.
Are you looking to make your organic and paid media campaigns more efficient? If so, contact us today to learn more about how Greenlane can help your business.