Google Indexation Tester
The Index Status report in Google Search Console is about as high level as a report could possibly be. Exporting provides no URL detail. If you want to know what URLs are actually indexed, you won’t be getting it from Search Console. Understanding which pages on your site have been indexed (and which haven’t) can be extremely useful in developing your SEO strategy. However, it can be difficult to identify all of the pages on your site that Google has indexed.
We have developed a tool that allows you to easily check which pages in a sitemap have been indexed by Google. Detailed instructions are below. Read our blog post for more information on the tool, plus a use case, or access the tool now:
- Note: This tool gets data without scraping Google search results, and without using your IP address!
- Updated 10/30/18: The tool has been updated to version 1.6p.
- Remove anything in Column B on the Indexation Tester tab.
- Input an individual sitemap (no sitemap indexes, please) on the Sitemap Importer tab to get a generated list of URLs.
- Paste the generated list (as VALUES) in the Indexation Tester tab.
- Choose “Run” in the green drop down box (if it doesn’t run automatically) and see which URLs have been indexed!
*Note: If you have more than 1,000 URLs you will have to copy the formula down in column C on the Indexation Tester tab.